FAITH WORSHIP & OUTREACH

About Us

How did this church come into being?

Ephesians 2:19-22  Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;    And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;    In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:    In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

In 1969 Apostle Donald J. Anderson formed Faith Pentecostal Church.  It began with a small group of people at the home of Sis. Hallie McLaurin,  located at 1369 Perkins Street in Jackson, Ms.  In October of 1969, District Elder Robert Deas of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, offered the position of pastor to Elder Donald J. Anderson, and after a meeting, the offer was accepted. 

In 1970, Faith Pentecostal Church moved to the corner of Rose Street and Pascagoula Street also in Jackson, were it remained for two years.

In 1972, Faith Pentecostal Church moved to Highway 49 North (6893 Medgar Evers Blvd.), in Jackson, Ms. 

In 1984, Faith Pentecostal Church underwent a name change to become Faith Community Fellowship Church Incorporated.

On November 18, 1986, Faith Community Fellowship Church, Inc. was granted a Charter of Incorporation by the State of Ms.  The Church is an incorporated entity under IRS Federal Code 501 c as a nonprofit organization.

In 2009 the church name was changed to Faith Worship & Outreach Inc..  The name change was made under the direction of Pastors Lester and Jo Mary Hughes  to more closely represent the current vision.  

In 2010, the church moved into its long awaited new facility. 


Website Builder